Why is it important to remove non-essential applications?
Your computer runs several applications as it starts, but not all of them are necessary for your computer to function. The longer you run your computer, the more clutter it accumulates. This clutter takes the form of programs you no longer need, bloatware you never wanted, and/or adware you didn’t intend to install. All of this will result in a reduction of your computer speed, but more importantly it can provide a cybercriminal a way into your system.
It is important to identify non-essential applications on your computer. We will learn how to enable only essential startup programs in your computer, and how to disable non-essential programs/services/applications on your pc. Before you disable an application from auto starting, you have to firstly consider the essential applications that you use. If you use the program every day or if it’s necessary for the operation of system, you should leave it enabled on startup. At the end of this article, we will discuss an internet tool and application to help, if you are unsure of what a program is or what it does.
Additionally, you can use application like Iobit Uninstaller to clean your computers of unwanted programs, plug-ins, leftovers files, and windows app.
To Enable Only Essential Startup Programs in Windows 10
1. Click the Search Box located in the bottom-left corner of the screen, right next to the Start Button. Type “Task Manager” in the field and tap the Enter key on your keyboard.
2. Click the Startup Tab
3. Select the unessential program by clicking on it and then click the Disable button.
4. Repeat the previous step until you have disabled all the programs that are unessential.
5. Close the Task Manager window.
Important: You can enable some or all of your startup programs at any time. However, returning to your prior settings may result in the recurrence of the issue. Instead, you may want to contact your software manufacturer to ascertain whether a particular program is required at startup, and then manually add it to your list of startup programs.
To Disable Non-Essential Services on Windows 10
1. Click the Search Box located in the bottom-left corner of the screen, right next to the Start Button. Type “Msconfig” in the field and tap the Enter key on your keyboard.
2. Click the Services Tab
3. Click on “Hide all Microsoft Services”
4. Disable any chosen service by unchecking the appropriate box
5. Click Apply and Restart computer to complete changes
If you need help figuring out what a program is and does, there are online tools and applications available. One example is one called “Should I remove It?”. “Should I Remove It?” is a very simple but extremely powerful Windows application that helps users, both technical and non-technical, decide what programs they should remove from their PC. This typically includes finding and removing all sorts of crapware and bloatware such as adware, spyware, toolbars, bundled unwanted applications as well as many forms of malware. The program is very lightweight and extremely fast. Should I Remove It? simply scans your computer for all its’ installed programs and then ranks what should be removed by leveraging the wisdom of the crowd and other technical experts to determine what should not be installed.